Saturday, October 18, 2008

Random Act of Kindness

Today, Emma and I frosted and decorated homemade sugar cookies. They were little pumpkins with orange frosting and fall colored sprinkles. I was so proud of Emma because she suggested taking the cookies to our neighbors and to her school teacher. Of course, I was thinking about eating all of them! So we wrapped them up on cute Halloween plates and Emma delivered them to the neighbors on either side of us. She also wanted to take them her school picture, but we kinda "forgot" about that...although I'm sure that they would love a picture of Emma on their refrigerator : ) Seeing her initiate a random act of kindness and then actually follow through with it was so very special, it brought a big smile to my face as I'm sure it did our neighbors.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A GREAT LESSON IN SHOWING LOVE TO OTHERS !
    LOVE , PAPA JOE

    ReplyDelete